Thomas Jefferson used the letter “S” with two lines through it to symbolize a dollar in a document within which he suggested the dollar as the primary unit of American currency in 1784. Prior to this the symbol was in use for the peso throughout Latin America. Consequently, the most widely accepted explanation is that the dollar sign ($) is a depiction of the twin pillars of Hercules wrapped with a scroll, as found on early Spanish pieces of eight.
Puzzle to Puzzle you
While visiting a small town in the United States. I lost my overcoat in a bus. When I reported the matter to the bus company I was asked the number of the bus. Though I did not remember the exact number, I did remember that the bus number had a certain peculiarity about it. The number plate showed the bus number was a perfect square and also if the plate was turned upside down, the number would still be a perfect square—of course it was not? I came to know from the bus company they had only five hundred buses numbered from 1 to 500. From this I was able to deduce the bus number. Can you tell what was the number? Answer
1. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
2. The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
3. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to Suppress a sneeze; you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
4. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from History. “Spades” King David; “Clubs” Alexander the Great;” Hearts” Charlemagne; “Diamonds” Julius Caesar.
5. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
6. If a statue of a warrior on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
7. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?Ans. All invented by women.
8. Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil.
9. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
10. A snail can sleep for three years.