The word right surfaced in English as riht and meant “straight.” To put things right is to straighten them out. Right took the metaphorical meaning of “good” or “just,” as in the Bill of Rights, because most people were right-handed. The suggestion that left is incorrect was understood, like in a “left-handed compliment,” which is an insult. Right became a synonym for correct, but left was evil and so was left alone.
Puzzle to Puzzle you
While visiting a small town in the United States. I lost my overcoat in a bus. When I reported the matter to the bus company I was asked the number of the bus. Though I did not remember the exact number, I did remember that the bus number had a certain peculiarity about it. The number plate showed the bus number was a perfect square and also if the plate was turned upside down, the number would still be a perfect square—of course it was not? I came to know from the bus company they had only five hundred buses numbered from 1 to 500. From this I was able to deduce the bus number. Can you tell what was the number? Answer
1. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
2. The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
3. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to Suppress a sneeze; you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
4. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from History. “Spades” King David; “Clubs” Alexander the Great;” Hearts” Charlemagne; “Diamonds” Julius Caesar.
5. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
6. If a statue of a warrior on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
7. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?Ans. All invented by women.
8. Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil.
9. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
10. A snail can sleep for three years.